Lemon Essential Oil
LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL - (Citrus limon) has antiseptic-like properties and contains compounds that have been studied for their effects on immune function. Lemon essential oil may serve as an insect repellent and may be beneficial for the skin. CAUTION: Citrus oils should NOT be applied to the skin that will be exposed to direct sunlight or ultraviolet light within 72 hours.
How is lemon essential oil used? This list was compiled by many users of this wonderful oil and the list is by no means exhaustive. I am always amazed how these oils are applied in everyday circumstances.
1. Use 6 drops of Lemon oil and 6 drops of Purification oil in a squirt bottle mixed with distilled water to use in the bathroom as an air freshener
2. Use 1-2 drops of Lemon oil to remove gum, oil, grease spots or crayon.
3. Use 1 drop of Lemon oil to add flavor to baked goods or beverages.
4. For homemade lemonade, in a blender mix 2 drops of Lemon oil, 2 tablespoons of honey and two cups of pure water. Adjust the amount of each ingredient to suit your own taste.
5. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a corn, callous or bunion mornings and evenings.
6. To clean and increase the shelf life of fresh fruit, fill a bowl with cool water and 2-3 drops of Lemon oil. Drop your cleaned fruit into the water and stir. Be sure all surfaces of the fruit contact the lemon water.
7. Add 2-3 drops of Lemon oil to water and spray counter tops to sterilize them.
8. Soak your dishcloth overnight in a bowl of water and a drop of Lemon oil to disinfect and kill germs.
9. Add a drop of Lemon oil to your dishwasher before the wash cycle.
10. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on your hands after using a public bathroom.
11. Use a paper towel soaked with several drops of Lemon oil to sanitize bathroom fixtures.
12. Place a drop of Lemon oil on cold sores, herpes or other mouth ulcers to lessen pain and aid healing.
13. Put a drop of Lemon oil on bleeding gums caused by gingivitis or tooth extraction.
14. Put a drop of Lemon oil on oily skin or acne to balance sebaceous glands (oil glands).
15. Rub several drops of Lemon oil on cellulite to improve circulation and help eliminate waste from the cells.
16. Rub two drops of Lemon oil topically to clear athlete's foot.
17. Rub several drops of Lemon oil on varicose veins to improve circulation and relieve pressure on the veins.
18. Rub a drop of Lemon oil on a wart morning and night until it disappears.
19. Rub a drop of Lemon oil to clean a butcher's block or other cutting surfaces.
20. Put 10-15 drops of Lemon oil in each gallon of carpet cleaning solution to help pull out stains and brighten the rug. This also leaves a fresh smell in the room.
Obligatory Disclaimer: The information on this page is intended for educational purposes only. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Anyone suffering from any disease, illness or injury should consult with a physician. THESE SUGGESTED USES APPLY ONLY TO THE USE OF THERAPEUTIC GRADE, YOUNG LIVING ESSENTIAL OILS.